Because the birth-to-three period is the fastest rate of cognitive brain development across the entire human life span, it’s essential that you are providing your infant with the best early education programs available.
Luckily, there are high quality child care centers that emphasize early learning and even install individualized infant learning plans for each child. If you’re a new parent, it’s your responsibility to ensure that your kids are getting a quality early education so they can grow into successful adults in the future and real world. Here are some of the reasons why early learning centers are great for young toddlers and infants.
- Learning to socialize — Simply interacting and socializing with other kids will help improve your children’s brain development. Each interaction will result in dozens of neural connections being formed during their infant and toddler years.
- Building enthusiasm for lifelong learning — The earlier kids start to learn, the sooner they will develop an appreciation for education. This won’t happen overnight, obviously, but your kids will begin to feel joy in learning new things.
- Learning to respect others — And not just other figures of authority, either. Your kids will learn to respect other kids when it comes to things like personal space, sharing, name calling, and other aspects of personal respect.
- Developing the ability to concentrate on specific tasks — Concentration is one of the most important skills a child can have, let alone an adult. If your kids can work on their concentration ability early on, they will be much more prepared for the rest of their educational career.
- Learning how to be patient — It’s difficult to teach your children patience when it’s just you and them at home. At quality child learning centers, however, your kids will have to learn to be patient because there are other kids and not just them. So if they want attention or a specific toy, for instance, they won’t get it right away like they would at home. This might irritate them a little at first, but once they develop patience as a skill, they will be much more prepared for everything life has in store for them.
Don’t underestimate the importance of early education when it comes to raising your children. If you want to learn more about improving your children’s cognitive abilities, contact Growing Room Childcare.